Welcome 2.0

*flash back* December 14th…. My oncology appointment with Dr. Ivy Wilkinson-Ryan, the appt flashed across my screen… Norris Cotton Cancer Center…. Cancer center…. I couldn’t even believe I was there. My mom died of cancer, I never thought I’d have cancer…. Cancer… almost like a scarlet letter across your chest. Cancer….. the unspeakable word, and I had it.

I sat waiting for what seemed like forever, my best friend accompanied me so that I didn’t have to go alone. It was mid day, I lied to my sisters so they wouldn’t really know where I was, I worked the night before. 

*doctor enters* long story short, I had to decide between immediate surgery or trying the hormone route. I chose to get the mri, get a d and c and then follow up for a biopsy in 3 months. My doctor told me weight does contribute but she also said she wouldn’t harp on me about it. She recommended I get off night shift because that does horrible things to your body. We said our good byes. 

Fast forward…. The mri took place Dec 28th, where I found out I had a lime size tumor growing in my uterus, that my tumor was >50% invasion… but my doctor called and said we can still do the D and C route and get an mri after to see what it says…. 

Fast forward…. February 7th, my D and C. Went fine, had a splitting headache when I woke up, found out they had to give me some med because I bled a little to much. But it was all good, I was back to normal after a couple days. 

Fast forward… beginning of March- my doctor calls and asks what I want to do, because it was >50% so typically they do a hysterectomy. Told me I could get a second opinion but upon looking would cost me almost 3k. So I opt for a PET scan, mri and my biopsy. 

Fast forward…. May 17… the biopsy which btw is horrible and I don’t recommend it to anyone! Not sure why I would want to do that every 3 months. The pet scan showed nothing but cancer in the uterus and the mri showed a smaller tumor. Fast forward a few days… my biopsy results come back saying grade 2 cells…. When originally they were grade 1. So now… an important choice had to be made…. I’d be having a hysterectomy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome